Passwords preventing adding Eng, Span, Grk to multiple book collections

• Aaron Hemphill
    Participant
    #85946 |

I would like to create some translation apps with three versions. One version would be an in progress Me’phaa draft, but the others would be English or Spanish or Greek versions. When I try to add SFM files from English, Spanish and Greek, each individual book requests a password. Is there a way to work through this successfully, or are we not supposed to be creating parallel apps with English, Spanish and Greek versions? Is this a copyright issue or a technical issue?

Aaron Hemphill
    SIL Mexico

• Richard
    Participant
    #86629 |

You need to have permission to use each of the translations you publish in the app. Many translations are licenced for use in Paratext by translators but are not free to publish to others.

There is a large collection of SFM files here in languages from around the world:

http://ebible.org/Scriptures/

On the page of files for one of the translations, click on ‘Show formats for developers’ and select the USFM zip file to download.

• Aaron Hemphill
    Participant
    #86656 |

Awesome, Richard! I now have a trilingual app on my phone with our Me’phaa draft, Greek SBL 2010 and the World English Bible. It took less than 10 minutes. Thank you so much!

Aaron

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.