Publishing IOS app to Apple Store

• Profile photo of EsterEster
    Participant
    #43489 |

Has anyone published their app to Apple Store ? Ive tested one app in DeployGate and would like to publish it to the Apple Store.

• Bayar Garam
    Participant
    #76263 |

Hello Ester,
    I’m glad you noted yourself here working on iOS version. I’m working on it as well, but having a trouble. I produced the IPA file and it is visible in iTunes. But when I try to install it via iTunes, it says that the file can’t be found. I tried DeployGate and uploaded the IPA file there. DeployGate also can’t download it. Do you know where my problem might be? I’m using the latest versions of iTunes, SAB and xCode.

Thanks for your help.
    Bayar

• Chris Hubbard
    Participant
    #76867 |

Hello Ester,

Kalaam Media has published 17 apps to the Apple App Store that were created using SAB.

In order to publish to the Apple App Store, you have to use a personal account (tied to a legal name and address) or a business account (tied to a D.U.N.S. Number to verify the organization’s identity and legal entity status). It also costs $99/yeare to maintain the account.

There are 2 issues that you will likely run into.
    1) each app published must have a unique app icon (to limit customer confusion)
    2) there have been rejections of apps that are not sufficiently different from a book. If an app has audio download (and possibly with synchronized text and audio), then they seem to get approved.

We are looking at features that “allow users to interact with the content directly” (wording from one of the Apple recommendations).

Chris

• Chris Hubbard
    Participant
    #76868 |

Hello Bayar,

To install via iTunes or Deploygate, you have to:
    1) use a iOS Distribution certificate
    2) I would recommend using an explicit (not wild card) App ID which matches the package name in SAB
    3) have devices in your Apple Developer Account
    4) have a AdHoc Distribution Provisioning Profile based on the above items.

If you continue to have trouble, I would start a support case. Then we can look at the above items. In SAB 3.4, I included on the Signing (iOS) tab some fields at the bottom that displays the details of the provisioning profile to verify this information.

Chris

• Bayar Garam
    Participant
    #76965 |

Dear Chris,
    Thank you very much for your help. I did manage to install the app now. It is working fine.

One problem I have is that when it has only 4 books (Josh, Judg, Ruth and Jonah) and Glossary, the install file is already 107 MB. Is there a way to reduce the file size? How are others especially with audio managing to keep the file size below 100 MB?

Thanks again for your help.
    Bayar

• Bayar Garam
    Participant
    #78876 |

Hello,
    How do I submit my app to App Store using Xcode or Application loader? I would appreciate some instruction.

Thanks

• Profile photo of bluebladeblueblade
    Participant
    #81297 |

Have you already signed up for an Apple Developer Account? This is the first step.

The process to submit the app to the App Store is undocumented in SAB documentation. So you will need to rely on some other documentation. I found this site to be very thorough:
    How to Submit an app to App Store 1
    How to Submit an App to App Store 2

In this documentation there are some differences because SAB does some of the work for us, but you can follow the directions to upload the build from the Application loader (not from XCode).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.