Scripture hyperlink error (not recognizing the Scripture Reference )

• LBible
    Participant
    #600 |

I’ve just added a Glossary to the Bible.app right at end of the NT (ie: it is like a complete book of it’s own which people can go to and read).

I discovered that in the Glossary for each term given the hyperlink for the biblical reference is not being recognized, the Book name is it not being underlined, only the chapters and verses are. So when you click on the hyperlink/underlined.text it doesn’t jump to the right location in the NT. In paratext 7.6, I get no hyperlink at all for the Chapters and Verses however it is there in the app.

Has anyone experienced this?

What is the solution to this problem?

• Richard
    Participant
    #608 |

It would be helpful if we could reproduce this problem in order to work out what is happening. Please can you contact our support volunteers (http://software.sil.org/scriptureappbuilder/support/) and find a way of sending some sample files to them so we can investigate it. Thanks.

• Bayar Garam
    Participant
    #77160 |

Hello,

I’m having the exact same problem. I tried entering \xt_(ref)\xt* for the reference, but it does not generate a hyperlink for that reference.

Any solution found yet?

Thanks

• Bayar Garam
    Participant
    #77161 |

Hello,

Let me add some description to the above problem.

When I am in e.g., in the book of Joshua 1:1 and click on a keyword (entered with \w_keyword\w*) in that verse, it brings up the entry from Glossary. But when this entry has a reference to another book, e.g., Gen 1:1, the book name ‘Gen’ is not underlined but only ‘1:1’ is underlined. Furthermore, if we click on the ‘1:1’ it does not go to Gen 1:1, but to Josh 1:1, which is book that I am in.

If I am in Glossary, none of the hyperlinks work, probably because no book is underlined.

Some references are not underlined at all, especially if only the chapter number is referred to, e.g., Gen 1.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.